Submit CV at British American Tobacco Zambia – May 2017
Job Title: Head of Trade
- Translate the corporate strategy into a marketing strategy that grows the BAT brands penetration and maximizes the ROI, ensuring:
- Development and management of an appropriate brand portfolio to meet consumer segment requirements.
- Development and implementation of a trade marketing & distribution strategy that meets objectives set for consumer and customer segments.
- Integration of market, consumer and customer insights across the marketing organization, facilitating the formulation of the marketing strategy.
- Achievement of end market business strategies.
- Drive the implementation of the marketing strategy:
- Ensure that the marketing organization develops and implements efficient and effective marketing programs,
- Identify necessary changes in strategy and priorities during implementation
- Optimize effectiveness and efficiency of company’s resources
- Lead and drive the implementation of global initiatives in the end market.
- Establish goals and KPIs for all Marketing areas and track ongoing results.
- Allocate budget for all Marketing areas with support from direct reports, Marketing Finance Manager, end market GM’s and Marketing Managers.
- Drive an on-going process of marketing evaluation and innovation in order to achieve the maximum competitiveness in packaging, product, communications, price, and image.
- Ensure compliance with International Marketing Standards 2 and dissemination of knowledge and learning throughout the organization, facilitating productivity gains and continuous improvement.
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or other Commercial disciplines;
- At least 5 years’ in Trade Marketing & Distribution management experience in an FMCG company;
- Proven leadership skills;
- Ability to engage with high level internal & external stakeholders;
- Excellent knowledge of Trade Marketing & Distribution best practice;
- Understanding of the Sales & Operations Planning process;
- Point of Sales Materials (POSM) development and planning;
- Budget planning experience;
- Understanding of marketing research and information tools; and
- Fluent in English.