Submit CV Now at Cavendish University Zambia: System Administrator
As a key member of Network Services, this position is responsible for all aspects of network administration including servers, desktop systems, communications hardware/software and office systems.
This position reports to the IT Manager and works with CUZ staff as well as external vendors and support teams as required.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements, designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments (e.g. setting up cost-effective solutions that meet organizational needs).
- Network administration (including backup, security management, user account management, e-mail systems including e-mail web server, internet access, office systems and applications support).
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues such as lock/unlock user accounts, resetting user passwords.
- Record the periodic performance and incident reports in the network.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in Computer Science. CCNA is mandatory.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a busy networking environment with Internet and WAN connectivity.
- Network Performance Tuning
- LAN Knowledge
- Network Design and Implementation
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Planning
- Quality Focus
- Technical Understanding
- Quick Study
- Technical Zeal
All applications should be made via email to [email protected]. only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The last date of application is Friday the 7th of April, 2017.