Submit CV’s at Dangote Industries Zambia Limited (March 2017)
Position: ENVIRONMENTAL COORDINATOR
Department: Health, Safety and Environment
Reports to: Senior General Manager- Projects
Coordinate environmental management activities and ensure compliance with required regulations, promote cordial relationships with the host communities and manage the impact of Plant activities on the environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a repository of national and local regulatory requirements applicable to the Plant and communicate to Management and employees
- Organise periodic environmental audits of the Plant and its surroundings, and provide recommendations to Management on improvement.
- Participate in environmental education and research
- Identify local players (institutions, political figures, associations, site neighbours, etc.) key to DCP’s environmental programs & initiatives.
- Manage relationships with key environmental stakeholders and participate in meetings/ forums to deal with environmental issues
- Ensure adoption and adherence to DCP approved environmental standards, norms and best practices.
- Participate in the development of spill prevention programs and hazardous waste rules and regulations, and recommend corrective actions for hazardous waste problems.
- Perform regular variance analyses on priority key environmental indicators and propose corrective actions.
- Conduct research on hazardous waste management projects to determine the magnitude of problems, and treatment or disposal alternatives and costs.
- Proactively identify environmental hazards and propose preventive measures.
- Collate relevant documents for renewal of Plant operating permits and oversee the renewal process
- Participate in the development of an emergency communication plan in the event of environmental problems, and communicate to DCP employees.
- Implement and monitor an environmental complaint handling system
- Oversee collection, preservation, and transportation of samples of wastewater, sludge, and other emissions.
- Review written documentation and reports of laboratory findings and recommend appropriate action.
- Oversee collection of cement, sewage and environmental waste samples and ensure handling complies with approved custody procedures
- Ensure adequate documentation and preservation of samples due for delivery at external laboratories.
- Ensure continuous maintenance of the Plant’s certification as an Environmental Monitoring Laboratory.
- Ensure availability of adequate supplies of analytical materials and ensure timely procurement of replacement stock.
- Develop and improve analytical methodology and procedures as regulatory demands increase.
- Liaise with consulting engineers and other external parties to develop new process control programs as improvements and expansions are made to the treatment works.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in biochemistry, environmental sciences or other related discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Behaviours
- Knowledge of various chemicals and compounds used in wastewater treatment, and safe and appropriate handling techniques for their use.
- Knowledge of safe sampling, analysis, quality assurance, and reporting procedures as appropriate for an Environmental Monitoring Laboratory.
- Knowledge of safety rules, codes, and regulations pertaining to the work.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to:
The General Manager HR & Admin and send them to [email protected]
Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document
Closing date for receiving applications is 13th March, 2017. Positions should be clearly mentioned in, the subject line.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted