Syngenta Latest Job Vacancy in Zambia: Head of Finance
- Manage timely and accurate financial group, statutory and tax accounting processes and financial compliance for countries connected to the country cluster/ sub-region.
- Represent Syngenta to key tax, legal, and audit-stakeholders.
- Manage Finance Services staff working in the country also managing external service providers.
- Manage the in-country finance team provide outstanding service to the other in-country functions
- Implementation and protection of the Target Operating Model and Finance Services and Procurement process standardization. For countries connected to the country cluster/ sub-region: lead the implementation of global standardized & fit for purpose processes, including sustained delivery of high quality, cost-effective services, which is scalable for both organic- and acquisitive growth which includes the incremental outsourcing to third parties and the activation of / participation in new governance bodies (including Finance Leadership Team, Board of Directors, Compliance Committee).
- As a member of the Board of Directors takes accountability and ownership for financial matters of the legal entities in the country cluster/ sub-region. Depending on the size of the country cluster/ rub-region some BOD activities could be delegated to another sr Finance member of the team.
- Full accountability of local statutory, group reporting and tax books: – Sustain high standards on verification of assets and liabilities in the balance sheets, review and approve financial tax & statutory accounting schedules, ensure compliance to standardized accounting, reporting and financial systems as well as policies and procedures. The first point of contact for senior stakeholders regarding Finance Services matters.
- To ensure governance models are working and related processes are fully compliant with the group and local policies/regulations. (participation in Board of Directors, Finance Leadership Team, Compliance Committee & Legal Entity leadership Team (if applicable).
- Financial Compliance, ensuring a good internal controls framework & ultimately accountable for following through on all relevant compliance issues (from internal audit, Sox, Letter of Assurance) including co-signing of Letter of Assurance.
- Play a key role in the activation of a new operating model: Transformation of the Finance function and establishment of new Finance Services organization (incl activation of country Finance Leadership Team)
- Accountable to coordinate Tax audits and external audits. Facilitating role for internal audits and in case of findings accountable to ensure corrective actions are taken.
- Supporting the functions budgeting exercise – creating scenarios and modeling KPIs
- Responsible to create and maintain effective control on costs.
- Ensure that the net prices are delivered and the rebate-incentive structure is serving the purpose while reflected in with right provisions
- Ensure the operational management of the legal entity is fully updated on legal entity financials. Generally, this happens via the Legal Entity Leadership Team where FSH is a member of.
- Meet all local statutory and tax requirements
- No significant external and tax audit issues
- Delivery of SBS Finance services according to defined quality & service levels
- Effective governance model in place facilitating the effective group and local compliance
- Strong communication and relationships with local management and other stakeholders
- Assure timely and accurate implementation of the SBS Finance activities
- Assures good working relationships and process alignment between country teams, SBS transformation team, local business partner organization, SBS procurement, and external services providers and suppliers
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
- Good understanding of local Generally Accepted Accounting Policies
- Good understanding of legal entity governance framework (roles/accountabilities of BOD, LELT)
- Good understanding of business end to end processes and internal controls necessary to safeguard the Company’s assets.
- Local tax rules (especially, if no local tax team)
- Experience in working in multinational organizations (ideally with matrix structure) with emphasis on communicating and decision making with demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Qualified Accountant i.e. CIMA, ACA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent
- Minimum 8-12 years experience in relevant roles
- Keen demonstrated strengths in unquestionable integrity and trustworthiness.
- Experience in working in multinational organizations with emphasis on communicating and decision making with demonstrated ability to work under pressure. Must be motivated by interdependency.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
- Credible with local senior management and comfortable with expressing his views or putting the alternate point of view in a constructive way.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have a good sense for business – Understanding business
Critical leadership capabilities
- Manages a team for Performance while ensuring high standards
- Service Mindset
- Ability to communicate with diverse senior stakeholder groups
- Creating an effective network inside and outside of the company