Talent House Limited has a Vacancy For Compliance Manager
ROLE TITLE: Compliance Manager
Head of Compliance and Regulatory Affairs
As member of the Group Legal, Regulatory and Government Affairs team you will make a significant contribution to driving the strategies and achievements of a reputable company in Zambia by:
- Supporting the Head of Compliance and Regulatory Affairs in ensuring the effective management of the company’s relevance with financial and financial inclusion policy, compliance with financial legislation, mobile money and regulation.
- Supporting the processes within the company to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, so as to protect the reputation of the company with its regulators and other stakeholders. Additionally, to ensure alignment with the company Group Policies and Procedures.
- With guidance from the Head of Compliance and Regulatory Affairs, promote a culture and practice of compliance with regulatory requirements through collaborative engagement with the business, including Legal, Risk, Compliance and Regulatory Affairs to ensure that the role supports the company’s strategic direction and growth aspirations in Zambia.
- Lead governance development of the KYC program, including regularizing metrics and reporting, creating channels of communication and growing the infrastructure to enable proper governance
- Lead governance and oversight on AML (KYC) related screening including PEP, adverse information and sanctions screening
- Support the building of standardized approaches and processes to drive monitoring and reporting efficiency.
- Coordinate, prepare and ensure the timely submission of monthly and other reports to the Central Banks and maintain excellent relationships with the compliance and reporting teams of the Central Banks
- Assess current-state controls to identify opportunities and develop a plan for execution
- Support the development and ongoing maintenance of a global approach for KYC related customer portfolio KYC risk analysis, including reporting to senior management
- Identify regulatory KYC trends and developments that impact business areas, and advise staff as to how this may impact their current activities
- Keep abreast of regulatory and audit-related developments and establishes knowledge transfer across the function
- Coordinate, prepare and submit information to ensure timely compliance with requirements arising from obligations under strategic partnership agreements. And maintain excellent relationships with the compliance and reporting teams of Strategic Partners.
- Preparing internal monthly reports and updates on regulatory issues with clear analysis, including the reporting of a suspicious transaction to the relevant regulatory body.
- Draft all required Policies and Procedures to ensure Compliance with Legislation.
- Ensure compliance monitoring and assessments are undertaken as required by BOZ, FIC and ZICTA and any other relevant regulatory body.
Board Governance and Product Regulatory Advisory and Support
- Where required support with Board Meeting preparations and Meetings Administration including facilitation of appointment and/or removal of Board members.
- Provide compliance advisory on the development of the internal product through the provision of up-to-date and relevant guidance on the application and interpretation of laws, regulations, and policies.
- Support other functions in the company to understand the application and interpretation of laws, regulations, and policies applicable to the business.
Regulatory Relationships and Engagement
- Support the Head of Compliance and Regulatory Affairs in updating stakeholder mapping and classification tools and support the formulation and implementation regulatory stakeholder relationship and engagement plans for execution in the operating markets.
- Understanding of Zambian regulatory reform agendas, including identifying and escalating regulatory reform proposals early, through participation in or coordinating information from industry forums, local Government Relations, and Regulatory Reform Forums (or equivalents) and feeding into business and product teams.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Collaboration: Creates trust, respect and builds meaningful relationships. Able to handle a wide range of relational challenges to ensure collaboration across boundaries.
- Leadership and Influence: Influences and able to support the Head of Compliance and Regulatory Affairs in following the common goals; actively supports growth and inspires others in a team.
- Customer centrist: Putting our customers at the heart of business decisions and driving to improve value for customers.
- Execution: Displays consistent energy, drive, and perseverance in order to deliver results. Demonstrates a willingness to take calculated risks to achieve stretch performance goals.
Other Key Skills:
- Legal, Compliance or other relevant qualification with 2 years’ experience in financial regulation, financial inclusion, financial compliance, regulatory engagement, regulatory affairs or equivalent regulatory environment.
- A strong understanding of the regulatory and political environment in Zambia.
- Independence, robustness and resilience.
- Sharp business acumen, including the ability to assess risk.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and multi-cultural awareness.
- Ability to establish relationships and exert influence with internal stakeholders and with regulators and other external stakeholders.
If this is you and you possess the above requirements, please send your CV to [email protected] Only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]