UNHCR Job Vacancies in Zambia: Snr Supply Assistant [3 Positions]
- Company: UNHCR
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job Category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Job Title: Snr Supply Assistant
Duty Station: 1 For Solwezi, 2 For Kaoma, 3 For Nchelenge
Contract Type: Temporary Appointment –GL5
Closing Date: 12 December 2017
The Senior Supply Assistant provides support supply to all local activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing, transport, shipping, customs clearance and warehousing in the operation.
The incumbent is supervised by a Senior Officer who provides regular guidance. S/he works independently on routine tasks while follows instructions of the supervisor or more complex issues. The incumbent maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NG0s, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate the operation. The duty of the incumbent is to support the management of material resources within the geographical area covered by the office while exercising efficiency in the use of those resources.
UNHCR delivers timely and quality goods and services to persons of concern in compliance with supply chain rules and procedures.
– Apply UNHCR’s procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services.
– Initiate custom clearance of consignments, draft exemption requests, and liaise with local agent.
– Support warehouse management, and assist with planning and goods deliveries, and provide information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the supply chain.
– Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on logistical activities and provide reports and updates periodically, and on request.
– Examine Purchase Requests to ensure conformity and liaise with requesters.
– Prepare quotation requests and tenders, produce bid-tabulations from tenders and prepare Purchase orders for approval.
– Dispatch approved Purchase Orders, and follow-up with the delivery of ordered commodities and services.
– Provide information on all procurement activities within the area of responsibility.
– Assist in managing Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE) effectively according to UNHCR rules and regulation including registration and marking of new PPE, Physical verification of PPE, preparation of agreements, preparation of disposal forms (including submissions to LAMB/AMB), and assistance with disposal of PPE.
– Produce standard asset management reports and other asset information, periodically and when requested.
– Maintain accurate data on all relevant business systems.
– Compile statistical information on supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
– Any other responsibility deemed necessary or as delegated by the Supervisor in order to meet the level of service required by the organisation.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
– Completion of the Secondary School education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Logistics, Warehousing or a related field.
– Minimum 5 years of previous relevant job experience.
– Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language and/or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position such as the Supply Chain Learning Programme (SCLP).
- Computer skills (MS Office and PeopleSoft/MSRP).
– ▪ Experience in customs formalities.
• Experience in logistics or warehousing
How to Apply
Please apply in writing indicating the title/number of the position addressed and said by email to: [email protected]
The Administrative/Finance Officer,
UNHCR Representation Office,
P.O. Box 32542,
Please note only applications for shortlisted candidates are acknowledged
CANDIDATES WILL RE SUBJECTED TO ORAL TEST