Unilever Job Opportunity in Zambia: SEA Supply Chain Finance Accountant
- Company: Unilever
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Main Job PurposeAssistant to the Supply Change Finance Lead Southern Africa, responsibility for the SEA Supply Chain financials across all cost components. Preparation of monthly budgets/actuals, all SEA reporting. support on all SC cost areas. Review of savings plans and risk to forecast. BP to the SEA Leadership team for SC and Finance Representative in SEA Supply Chain Leadership Team steercoms. Balance Sheet recon of all SEA accounts in the relative company ledgers.Job Summary
- Responsible for leading the cluster finance team to land stretching deliverables and drive value adding mindset change.
- Manage cluster forecasting, reporting of actuals and performing analytics to identify cost saving opportunities for Production, Distribution, Supply chain Indirects and Material costs
- Reporting and analysis of trading working capital movements, risks and opportunities.
- Manage the processes of product costing, transfer price calculation, governance and control of capital investments.
- Provide reliable and timely financial data to key stakeholders to support the decision-making process
- Improve, and ensure compliance with internal processes and implement necessary control procedures to ensure achievement of Supply Chain business and company objectives.
- Instill strong cost control and planning discipline to assist Supply Chain management in controlling risks. Support on Internal / External audits queries.
- Represent cluster on regional controls health indicator committee overseeing controls compliance, identification and addressing of control and business risks.
- Perform business case assessments and report back on feasibility or areas of concern before investments can be progressed.
- Review and manage team performance and identify and execute upskilling to ensure high performing output.
- Perform deep dive analysis into operational challenges heavily impacting profits and present root cause analysis and proposed resolutions to stakeholders.
- Lead and close month end activities. Ensure costs and accruals are appropriately booked with product cost variances investigated and resolved prior to close. Present results to Cluster LT, highlighting key impacts and suggesting corrective measures.
- A minimum of 3 years Supply Chain Finance experience.
- Qualifications – Degree and/or CA / CIMA
- Skills: Advanced Excel, Strong SAP knowledge, strong analytical skills, strong governance skills, strong Powerpoint skills
- Competencies; Strong Business Partnering, Ability to influence across all levels, Strong Team Player, ability to handle and work under pressure and to tight deadlines, strong bias for action, ability to work with remote teams