University of Maryland Zambia is Currently Recruiting
Position: Program Assistant
Reports To: Program Manager – SMACHT
The Program Assistant will work closely with the Program Manager to ensure the smooth running of the SMACHT-plus program within the Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation in Zambia. The Program Assistant will focus on ensuring smooth collaboration with the Finance, Administration and Procurement departments in the general program implementation.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Program Manager in providing input in the generation of the Annual Budgets and Monthly budget forecast.
- Work with the Program Manager in developing and reviewing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual Work Plan and ensuring smooth implementation.
- Provide input on program related issues through internal and external meetings
- Work closely with the Procurement section in the procurement processes for both high and low value program services/goods, as well as travel logistics for all planned activities.
- Monitor the procurement plan database and make necessary follow-up on the progress status.
- Working with the procurement team ensure trainings are adequately planned and all requirements are put in place
- With the Program Manager work with the Monitoring and Evaluation team in preparing and updating reports, and ensure follow-up is done on flagged issues
- Consolidate monthly reports consisting of activities as submitted by each technical lead
- Provide input into the quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports as per the funder’s requirements
- Prepare minutes of meetings and other correspondence as need may be
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Program Manager, Senior Technical Advisors or Chief of Party.
- Diploma in Project management or Social sciences or related field with 3+ years of work experience
- Demonstrated expertise working in a leadership capacity in either government and non-governmental organizations
- Demonstrated a good understanding of the project management process
- Demonstrated good organizational and presentation skills.
- Must have good communication skills and be a good team player
- Must be good with numbers and must have strong analytical skills
- Fluency in English
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Please send CVs to [email protected] closing date is COB December 17th 2018
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]