Vacancies and Career Opportunities at Bari Zambia Limited: Assistant Accountant
- Company: Bari Zambia Limited
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Bari Zambia is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm providing a complete array of civil engineering consultancy services. Established in 2005, the firm has two offices one in Ndola and the other in Lusaka (Head Office).
Having a formidable team of highly skilled & experienced professionals, we offer our clients services and solutions that are efficient, sustainable and cost-effective. We have a strong commitment to engineering excellence and quality service delivery. A balanced mix of engineering expertise and experience, advanced technology and understanding of social and environmental issues means the company is well placed to meet the challenges of infrastructure delivery.
Our office in Lusaka is now seeking to recruit qualified, professional and experienced staff for the following positions:
The Assistant Accountant will provide support necessary to the management accountant and finance team.
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Completing purchase orders
- Managing payroll
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team
- Assisting with budgets
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
- Managing company ledgers
- Processing business expenses
- Coordinating internal and external audits
- Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
- Verifying bank deposits
- Managing day-to-day transactions
- Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget
- Minimum of an AAT Qualification or equivalent
- Full grade 12 certificate
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position in accounting
- Ability to use accountancy software and information technology
- Strong communication skills in English, written and spoken.
- Team worker, flexible, hands-on mentality;
- Time management and problem solving skills.
How To Apply:
To apply for this job, send a current resume and cover letter as well as copies of your qualifications to [email protected], or bring them in person to our offices at 9037, Buluwe Road,Woodlands.
Look for more information about our company at www.barizambia.com
Applications should be submitted by 15th December, 2017.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]