Volvo Group Job Currently Recruiting in South Africa: Diesel Technician
- Company: Volvo Group
- Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
- State: Western Cape Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in South Africa
The main purpose of the job is to add value to labour hours through maintenance and repairs of trucks.
Reporting: This position reports to the Team Leader
- Fault tracing and diagnosis on Volvo Products.
- Apply knowledge and experience to interpret symptoms of “underperformance” or failure of components.
- Follow directives provided in Workshop Manuals.
- Interpret Volvo manuals, specifications, directives and instructions
- Produce work of acceptable standards as per instructions/directives
- Produce and maintain work in accordance with the Volvo standard
- Follow repair and maintenance instructions and specifications provided in Volvo Manual and Service Literature
- Follow procedures/processes to ensure vehicles/components are presented to customers in acceptable condition
- Provide comprehensive and accurate reports on diagnosis, assessment of component/part, failures, observations, actions and recommendations
- Document observations, actions, recommendations and job cards and relevant service/information sheets
- On completion of the work, complete job cards
- When completing the job cards the following will be looked at:
- Completed QC and Service schedules
- Parts Invoicing
- Vehicle standard times
- Accurate reflection of hours worked
- Precise completion of job card to ensure accurate interpretation by the Service Advisor
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained to the Volvo standard and management requirements
- All tooling is maintained
- Work area is maintained as required by management and the Volvo prescription
- Equipment stored according to management requirements
- Repair Customer Breakdowns
- Liaise with the driver before responding to customer breakdowns.
- Ensure the correct documentation is in place
- Respond to and repair customer breakdowns
- Complete job cards and log the kilometers, travelling time and parts invoice.
- Ensure customer/driver signs the breakdown response form
- On return from breakdown, hand in all documentation
- Compliance to ISO 9001 and Safety
- Following ISO standards for all processes in the area of responsibility
- Ensure the safety processes are followed
- Ensure adherence to the Safety Act and Regulations
- Qualified Diesel Mechanic.
- 3 years in maintenance and repairs of commercial vehicles.
- Ability to read all relevant measuring equipment.
- Knowledge/skills to effect correct repair work.
- Ability to interpret technical manuals and specifications and put into practice.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Computer literate.
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks, you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID
Travel Required (Maximum)
Last application date
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer E.O.E/M/F/Disability/Veteran