Yalelo Limited Zambia Latest Job Vacancy: Lake Operations Mechanical Engineer
Yalelo is seeking a highly analytical, meticulous and hands-on Lake Operations Mechanical Engineer with extensive experience in Diesel and Outboard Petrol Marine Engines.
This position is open to Zambians only.
Location: The role will be primarily based at the Yalelo farm in Siavonga but may require occasional travel to Lusaka.
The Right-Fit candidate will:
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the condition of all Lake operations equipment on a continuous basis.
- Ensure the planned inspection of all Boats, Cranes, Floating vessels and lighting are performed and initiate work orders based on inspection results.
- Organize Major Maintenance Turnaround and Operations inspection schedules
- Monitor and co-ordinate condition predictors, for all critical unit.
- Validate and update equipment specification files as well as history files in CMMS.
- Evaluate and improve the preventive maintenance job plans & create and update specific inspection job plans.
- Ensure systematic review, application, and optimization of Proactive Maintenance program in the Mechanical section
- Assist the Engineering Manager with the preparation and control of the Water Craft CAPEX and Activity based (OPEX) Engineering budgets
- Participate in the daily/Weekly work order/Project milestone review and weekly scheduling debrief with Engineering Manager and Lake Operations Production Manager
Our Lake Operations Mechanical Engineer should have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electromechanical or other relevant qualification
- Industry Experience: At least Three (3) years’ work experience, preferably in aquaculture/ offshore industry.
- Certifiable technical training in Marine Engines will be added advantage
- Ability to work well independently and in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work a schedule outside business hours and/or flexible shifts.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work in a team.
- Be detail-oriented and meticulous.
- Knowledge of work and safety rules & regulations
- Local Statutory Safety and Environment regulations and procedures
- Problem solving methods and tools (Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), Risk Analysis (FMEA)).
- Strong computer knowledge, Fiix or CMMS, Microsoft Project, Excel & PowerPoint
- Strong technical knowledge of maintenance operations
- Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, refrigeration, Marine Engines, and HMEs
- Knowledge in Electricity/Mechanical /PLCs/ (Control Systems) and Instrumentation/Electronics
HOW TO APPLY
If this is YOU, Yalelo wants to hear from you today!!! Please submit your application by filling our Job Application Form – Lake Ops Engineer