Young Women Christian Association Currently Recruiting: Para-legal Officers
- Company: Young Women Christian Association
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job Category: Legal Jobs in Zambia
YWCA Lusaka Branch with funding from GIZ will be implementing a 6 months project on Community Legal Services.
The Para-legal Officer will oversee the implementation of the Project. She/he will report to the Programmes Coordinator who has the overall responsibility of the management of the programmes of the Lusaka Branch. She /he will be responsible for the implementation, monitoring of the Project and preparation of timely reports for submission to the Programmes and the members of the GIZ project consortium.
- Preparation of the work plan for the project.
- Oversee all legal requirements for Community Desk Officers.
- Coordinate implementation of project activities in line with Legal requirements.
- Preparation and submission of reports.
- Link communities to Courts, Victim Support Unit, YWCA Shelters and Health Services especially defiled children and abused women.
- Make follow-ups on cases being handled and referred.
- Strengthen linkages and networking with other organizations.
- Liaising with other networking consortium members, submission of all reports to the Programmes
- Coordinator and as per report requirements in the Consortium.
- Promote the value/policies for the YWCA.
- Carry out any other responsibilities assigned by the Programmes Coordinator, Regional
- Coordinator or as directed by the Board.
The Paralegal Officer – Working as a member of the programmes department, reporting and be directly supervised by the Programmes Coordinator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY COMPETENCIES
- A higher diploma or degree or above in Law or any related field with at least 5 years work experience in development.
- Work Clarity and Quality; have ability efficiently and effectively, demonstrated technical abilities, accurate and organized.
- Time Management; have focused approach to the tasks, punctual to work, effective management of competing priorities to meet organizational deadlines.
- Leadership and teamwork; demonstrated team spirit through active participation in organizational processes, manage groups/teams, check progress & offer support/advice, help people know what is needed and coach people through tasks & guided performance.
- Self –Confidence; work confidently within agreed parameters, confidently deal with any difficult situations and setbacks.
- Communications/information seeking; able and willing to communicate, able to present information effectively, both orally and in writing, able to collect information and use it to effectively communicate.
Please send an email to [email protected] with your CV and a Cover letter explaining your interest, and contact information(phone # and email) for at least 3 professional references, by 23rd January 2017 at 12:00 hours Central African Time.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.