Zambia National Commercial Bank Job Opportunity: Transaction Products Senior Specialist
- Company: Zambia National Commercial Bank
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Zambia
Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Commercial Division under the Products and Channels Department at Head Office:-
TRANSACTION PRODUCTS SENIOR SPECIALIST (X1)
· To lead the Transaction Products team and be responsible for transaction product management and new transaction product development for all customer segments of Zanaco with a view of improving customer experience with the Bank while maintaining established controls and processes.
· To drive the department’s transaction product development and management agenda.
Under the supervision of the Head Products Management, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:-
- To manage the entire transaction product portfolio lifecycle from new product development to review and monitoring.
- To manage a team of high-performance transaction Product Managers.
- To identify market requirements for current and future products in liaison with stakeholder departments.
- To develop and manage a transaction products go-to-market plan, working with all stakeholder departments to execute.
- To maximize business value from transaction products, optimizing transaction products to achieve the business goals while maximizing return on investment.
- To work with sales, marketing, channels and innovation teams to identify and understand needs and opportunities.
- To analyze customer and end-user engagement metrics and make data-driven decisions about future transaction product improvements.
- To understand customers current and anticipate their future transaction needs through regular interaction with relevant stakeholders.
- To recommend new transaction products to develop, and existing transaction products to decommission based on customer needs analysis and transaction product performance reviews.
- To work closely with the marketing and sales teams to ensure the successful adoption of new transaction product features and functionality
- To translate business needs into requirements, drive consensus, including developing transaction product success metrics.
- To identify and conduct interactions with external transaction products stakeholders and key opinion formers.
- To provide input in discussions and decisions around product development options (i.e. buy vs build vs outsourcing/partner)
- To attend key product events and keep abreast of all relevant competitor activities as well as transaction product reports and findings.
- To manage all aspects of the department’s policies, objectives, and initiatives that relate to transaction products.
- To work in close collaboration with stakeholder departments to optimize transaction products delivery through the Bank’s channels and give them the necessary promotions.
- Any other duties that will be assigned by management.
External: Customers, third party service providers
Internal: All Divisions
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12, Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
- University Degree in a relevant subject.
- At least five (5) years of marketing product development and/or sales.
- Knowledge of banking practices and operations, the external environment, and regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of the local market, customers, and competitors.
- Proven ability to work with a larger cross-functional team.
- Experience in financial services and ability to learn fast.
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Efficient time management
- Strong knowledge of bank products and channels
- Understanding of product and channel market demands
- Cross-selling abilities
- Excellent communicator and motivator
- Ability to understand and interpret customer needs
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
How to Apply
All applications MUST have an application/cover letter, copies of qualification certificates including Grade 12 and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to [email protected] no later than Monday, 29th January 2018.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).