Zambia Qualifications Authority Currently Recruitment: Accounts Assistant
- Company: Zambia Qualifications Authority
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
The Zambia Qualifications Authority (ZAQA), a statutory body under the Ministry of Higher Education, was established by the ZAQA Act No. 13 of 2011 to provide for the registration and accreditation of qualifications, and ensure that standards and registered qualifications are internationally comparable. ZAQA is currently seeking the services of a suitable person to fill the position of:
JOB TITLE: ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (01)
REPORTS TO: THE ACCOUNTS OFFICER
CONTRACT DURATION: 6 MONTHS
The Accounts Assistant is responsible for the following: –
- Processing payments in accordance with ZAQA procedures ensuring that all payments are properly authorized;
- Maintaining files of all accounting documentation ensuring that they are easily accessible;
- Preparing monthly journals for posting in the accounting system;
- Maintaining the accounting database ensuring the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of all financial information posted onto the system;
- Managing staff travels by ensuring that per diems are paid accounting to procedure and all accountable imprest retired according to ZAQA finance guidelines;
- Performing monthly bank reconciliations;
- Reviewing Payment Vouchers and petty cash vouchers to ensure adequacy of attachments.
- Ensuring that receipts are kept in a safe place and banked promptly in line with financial guidelines
- Managing the Fixed Assets Register to ensure that it is kept up to date.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 School certificate
- A Diploma in Accountancy or its equivalence;
- One-year work experience in a similar position;
- Good understanding of any accounting package
- Should be a member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
- An organised approach and excellent time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Computer literacy. Should have good Microsoft Excel skills;
- Good level of English spelling and grammar;
- Attention to detail;
- High level of confidentiality.
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above specifications should apply enclosing their CVs and copies of qualifications to:
The Director and Chief Executive Officer Zambia Qualifications Authority Ground Floor Finsbury Park Kabwe Roundabout P O Box 51103 LUSAKA
Email: [email protected]
The closing date for receiving applications is 12th December 2017.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO