Zambia Revenue Authority Fresh Vacancies
In line with our corporate priorities aimed at ensuring optimization of revenue collection and increased tax compliance on the one hand and the need to effectively manage the numerous challenges and opportunities in the fast changing business environment on the other, we are seeking a highly motivated, result-oriented and well qualified and experienced professional to fill the following vacancy:
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR – PURCHASING AND SUPPLY (GRADE ZRA03) (01)
Reporting directly to the Director – Administration; the job holder will be required to plan, co-ordinate and control the Purchasing and Supplies Unit to ensure timely acquisition of goods, works and services, and the economic storage and distribution of all goods received on behalf of all Divisions and Departments in the Authority.
The main duties and accountabilities of the job holder will include but not limited to the following:
- Administer all procurement operations to ensure timely acquisition of goods, works, and services in an efficient and effective manner to promote value for money and ensure transparency and accountability in the procurement process;
- Responsible for preparation of tender documents, evaluation of tenders and timely submission of papers to the Management Tender Committee;
- Administer all Secretarial functions of the Management Tender Committee through preparation of notices, agenda and taking minutes of the meeting proceedings;
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly and quarterly reports for Management decisions;
- Oversee the preparation of contract documents and management of contracts;
- Attend to audit queries concerning procurement and stores operations;
- Promote value for money in the acquisition of goods and services by benchmarking against good world class procurement practices;
- Responsible for the preparation of tender documents for goods, services, and works;
- Direct and control the activities of the stores’ functions to ensure economic storage and distribution of all goods received on behalf of the Authority;
- Scrutinize and approve all stores reports such as stock reconciliation report, weekly status reports, stock take reports, and Systems Generated Queries Reports to ensure accountability in the operations of the stores’ functions;
- Administer stores designs and elimination of redundant stock in order to ensure efficiency and economic operation of stores;
- Administer hotel bookings and conferencing for members of staff and make arrangements for all local and international travels for staff as approved;
- Responsible for the supervision of the procurement and stores staff;
- Responsible for assessing training needs for staff in procurement and stores and recommend for appropriate training;
- Responsible for administering the Performance Management and Development Contracts for staff in procurement and stores;
- and Preparation of the procurement and stores annual plans.
- Grade 12 School Certificate/General Certificate of Education or equivalent.
- First Degree in Purchasing and Supply from a reputable institution; or any first Degree from a reputable institution with a Graduate Diploma of the Chattered Institute of Purchasing and Supply from a reputable institution.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Paid up member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply with a valid practicing license.
- Not less than five (05) years’ work experience in Purchasing and Supply management with at least three (03) years at managerial level.
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Good knowledge of Procurement and Stores procedures.
- In depth knowledge of Purchasing and Supply systems.
- Broad understanding of the Purchasing and Supply business strategies.
- High level of business awareness.
- Good character with high levels of integrity.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good leadership, interpersonal and decision-making skills.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Zambia Public Procurement Act.
Only candidates who meet the above role specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their detailed CVs, photocopies of their academic/professional qualifications and any other documentation in support of the application. Daytime and reachable telephone and/or mobile numbers should be clearly stated. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Director – Human Resource Zambia Revenue Authority P. O. Box 35710 LUSAKA
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Friday, 24 March 2017.