Zambian Open University Job Recruitment: Regional Managers – June 2017
The Zambian Open University (ZAOU) is an institution of high standing both locally and internationally, which is registered with the Higher Education Authority (HEA). and whose vision is “to be an internationally recognised Open University providing quality education through distance and blended learning.” The University is now looking for self-motivated and suitably qualified individuals to fill the two (2) positions of:
REGIONAL MANAGER (Lusaka and Western Provinces)
1.0 Job Purpose:
To provide strategic direction, leadership and excellence in the development and management of University programmes and activities at regional level.
2.0 Key responsibilities
- Promoting the University Vision, Mission, core values and strategic objectives in all aspects of regional ac tivities
- Contributing to the development and successful implementation of the University policies, Strategic Plan, Annual Work Plans and Annual Budgets.
- Marketing/promoting the University programmes and services
- Facilitating recruitment, admission and registration of students
- Managing the development and delivery of extension programmes (short courses/workshops/seminars and conferences)
- Managing the storage and distribution of teaching and learning materials (modules, assignments and related instructional resources)
- Providing responsive learner support services.
- Managing the centre’s human. financial and material resources.
- Securing and managing physical facilities required for university activities
- Facilitating the recruitment, training and supervision of part-time lecturers/tutors
- Arranging and managing residential schools and local tutorial
- Supervising marking of assignments by part-time lecturers/tutors
- Managing examinations
- Liaising with relevant/collaborating/partner institutions and organisations
- Establishing and supervising district study centres, where appropriate
- Producing periodic reports on all the activities of the regional centre
- Teaching in one’s area of specialisation
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned by the University Management.
3.0 Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12/School Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education. Social Sciences, Law or any related field.
- Master’s degree in Education, Social Sciences. Law or any related field.
- At least five years relevant professional experience preferably in an educational institution.
4.0 Skills and personal attributes
- Strong interpersonal skills and exceptional writing and oral communication skills
- Proven computer skills including the ability to manage computer-based administrative databases, and student record management system.
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Strong team leadership skills and ability to motivate and inspire subordinates
- Demonstrable problem solving and decision-making skills
APPLICANTS SHOULD SEND DETAILED UPDATED CV AND CERTIFIED
COPIES OF CERTIFICATES TO:
Zambian Open University
Mumbwa Road Campus
P.o Box 31925
Frank W. Chikange
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 23rd JUNE. 2017.