ZIALE Latest Job Vacancy in Zambia: Assistant Procurement Officer
- Company: ZIALE
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
Assistant Procurement Officer
The Council of the Zambia Institute of Advanced Legal Education (ZIÅLE) is looking for a suitably qualified experienced and result oriented person to fill the position of Assistant Procurement Officer.
Reporting to the Procurement Officer, the Assistant Procurement Officer will be responsible for advising and guiding the Institute in sourcing and ensuring supply of optimal and cost-effective goods and services to the Institute.
MAIN DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To prepare Purchase Orders and follow up Order processing and delivery;
- Liaising with Internal Departments/Sections in determining needs and timelines;
- Maintaining proper supplier, material and pricing costs;
- Managing supplier relationship, quality control and evaluating supplier performance;
- Provide strategic input on procurement initiatives;
- Ensuring the Tender process in handled effectively and efficiently;
- Ensuring the Institute complies with at all times with statutory provisions of Zambia Public
- Procurement Authority (ZPPA) Act governing the procurement and disposal of goods and services;
- Attends relevant ad hoc Committee of the Institute as directed; and
- Performs other duties as may be delegated by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 School Certificate with 5 “O” levels, credits or better including English and Mathematics;
- Minimum Diploma in Procurement and Supply from a recognized University/College (CIPS Level 4);
- Not less than two (2) year experience in the same or related field;
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS);
- Holder of valid practicing certificate; and
- Holder of a valid Driving Licence will be an added advantage.
- Integrity and honesty;
- Strong communications skills;
- Good interpersonal, public relations and negotiation skills; and
- Demonstrable exposure to a computerized working environment and proficiency in computers.
How to Apply
Interested persons should send a cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates to:
The Director Zambia Institute of Advanced Legal Education Plot No. 36983, Andrew Mwenya Road Rhodespark P O Box 30690 LUSAKA
Closing date: Friday 19th October, 2018 (Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted)